Keyboard inactive during lilo

This is a very strange problem. Before lilo runs my keyboard works just
fine. I can get into BIOS by pressing the del key. After linux (or windoz)
boots the keyboard works just fine. I have delay=100 to give me plenty of
time to type in my selection. The system that gets booted is the one that is
set as default in lilo.conf. As a work-around I have windows as the default
and use a boot floppy to bring up linux.

I am running Debian 2.2.17 on a Abit KT7 with a Duron 800 processor. The
keyboard is a generic US 104.

Here is my lilo.conf file:

# /etc/lilo.conf
lba32