Re: Setting up eth1 interface

Hello all,

This is just to thank all those who offered advice.

I finally managed to bring up the eth1 interface. I tried all the suggestions, aliases with a single tulip driver, aliases with 2 tulip drivers, compiled the tulip driver into the kernel and passed ether arguments with lilo.

Obviously, the last thing I tried, adding a tulip module when tulip was already compiled in the kernel, worked.

As a theoretical question, why can't the tulip driver that is compiled into the kernal recognize both cards? From http://www.securityportal.com, I understand there are some security concerns with having a kernel load modules, so shouldn't you be able to support 2+ cards with a monolithic kernel?

Anyway, all is working.  Thanks again.

On to setting up samba.

Sean