Re: Setting up eth1 interface

What you need is load the module twice !
One for each NIC.

I have that setup on my LAN as I use 2 ne2000 clones :
(You will have to adapt this to your tulip module)

First edit the /etc/modutils/aliases file and add :
<-- cut here -->
# Aliases for using twice the ne2000 module (ne)
alias ne0               ne
alias ne1               ne
<-- cut here -->

Then create a file /etc/modutils/ne to specifiy options :
<-- cut here -->
options ne0 io=0x300 irq=10 -o ne0
options ne1 io=0x280 irq=15 -o ne1
<-- cut here -->
(the trick is to actually rename each module with a name neX ( -o neX )

Then here is /etc/network/interfaces :
<-- cut here -->
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# ADSL interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 10.0.0.10
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 10.0.0.0
        broadcast 10.0.0.255
       up /etc/network/ipchains.rules

# Local network
auto eth1
iface eht1 inet static
        address 192.168.1.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.1.0
        broadcast 192.168.1.255
<-- cut here -->

Maybe that should be documented in some FAQ because I haven't found any
easy-to-find doc about that besides looking in the kernel doc how to load
modules and rename them.

Silver