Re: Setting up eth1 interface

"Sean Norris,,," <snorris@hsph.harvard.edu> writes:

> Hello All,
>
> I have been trying to set up a small local network with a linux box as a gateway and my wife's win98
> laptop.
>
> I am running potato with a fresh 2.2.17 kernel from kernel.org.  Currently, a D-link DE-530TX is working
> well with a tulip driver loaded as a module to connect to my cable modem.  The second NIC is a linksys
> LNE-100TX ver. 4.0, which also uses the tulip driver.

I had a similar problem when I had two ne2000 (clones) in my
machine. Obviously, the module (not compiled in the kernel!) couldn't
handle two nics right away. Now I use one ne2000-isa and one pci. The
problem was, that the module ne was already in use when I wanted to
load the second module for the second card. Solution was to compile ne
into the kernel and load ne-pci as a module (or vice versa).

--

Tschoe,
 Jens