Re: Setting up eth1 interface

On Thursday 23 November 2000 12:23, Sean Norris,,, wrote:

> In my /etc/network/interfaces file there is no entry for eth1.
>    eth0 is  :  iface eth0 inet dhcp
> so I tried adding :  "iface eth1 inet"
>
> Now with #ifup eth1, I get the error
>    /etc/network/interfaces: too few parameters for iface line
>
> So, I think that I am almost there I just cannot find any information
> on what options should be on that line.  Or am I not really supposed
> to be editing that file directly?

You probably need to add "static" to that line.  And you will need to
add at least address and netmask entries for that interface.  Man
interfaces for details.

iface eth1 inet static
	address 192.168.1.1
	netmask 255.255.255.0

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html
    All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.