Re: tripwire license/debian status Was: IDS

Federico Grau wrote:
> Whats the debian perspective on tripwire...
>
> I see there is a non-free package "tripwire 1.2-16.1", however the
> tripwire.org FAQ ( http://www.tripwire.org/qanda/faq.php quetion 16) says that
> the linux version of tripwire is released under the gpl (can they release
> under the gpl and restrict that license to linux?!).
>
> Is debian planning on using this and including it in the distro?

It's in woody.

hal9000:~# grep-available -P -X tripwire
Package: tripwire
Section: non-free/admin
Installed-Size: 576
Maintainer: Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.2-16.1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1)
Filename: dists/woody/non-free/binary-i386/admin/tripwire_1.2-16.1.deb
Size: 314434
MD5sum: 3525d008b2aa8888699691d99b59fd79
 Tripwire is a tool that aids system administrators and users in
 monitoring a designated set of files for any changes.  Used with
 system files on a regular (e.g., daily) basis, Tripwire can notify
 system administrators of corrupted or tampered files, so damage
 control measures can be taken in a timely manner.

Note that the package is in the non-free section.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.