Re: HELP!!!

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 06:52:05PM -0500, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

> <indignant>
> You most certainly *do not* need to reboot
> </indignant>
>
> That's what loadable modules are all about, inserting kernel level
> code without a reboot :)

    :) Indignity justfied.

    A common joke at work is why, when we produce products that can do
in-service upgrades of software without dropping network traffic (Nortel
Networks), so many people seem to use PCs running an OS that requires them to
reboot if they change anything but their wallpaper. ;-)

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX