Re: HELP!!!

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 06:32:20PM -0500, urbanyon wrote:

> >     What's the make and model?
> Fast Ethernet PCI Network Interface Card, Model # 3CSOHO100-TX.
>
> >     Mine wasn't seen either, until I loaded the correct kernel module.
> I'm
> > using a 3COM PCI Fast Ethernet card, which was compatible with the tulip
> > driver. I just tried it out and it worked.
>
> i downloaded what i think is the same driver (3c90x), but the thing is, it
> comes as a tar file, and when i move it (via floppy) from my windows
> machine to the linux box, the filename truncates.  of course, i could
> just download the driver directly to the linux machine, BUT I CAN'T GET
> THE CARD INSTALLED!  any way around that?
the 3c59x driver is the usual driver for 3c900/3c905 nics, try loading that
one, it should work. the 3com driver is possibly better, but you can try
that after your network is configured, try using the 3c59x driver that should
be listed in modconf for now. it works fine for me for pretty some time now.