exim thru firewall

I've looked through the 'mail-administer' and 'mail -user' howtos.  I've
searched the archives but I'm not coming across much that will help me.
I want to use mutt, procmail and exim.  At this point I'm just trying to
get mail sent.  I've run eximconfig using different configurations but
my mail doesn't get though.

What I'm trying to do is send mail from my debian box (potato) through
my firewall (openbsd) to my isp.  Could someone give me some pointers on
how to get this done?
Thanks,
kent