Re: Ok, how can I prevent the system from upgrading kernel-image-2.2.17 ?

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 03:10:40AM +0100, Benj wrote:
> Well, thanks to the answers received from this list about my problem with
> the /dpkg/status file being deleted... I was able to restore an old status
> archived files.
> So now I have all the packages listed, but some are outdated and some are
> not visible (since its an old status file).
>
> Now, I would like to make an apt-get upgrade...... BUT, at all cost, I would
> like the system NOT to upgrade:
> kernel-image-2.2.17

always put an epoch on your custom kernel images, that will always
make them newer then any debian kernel-image-X.Y.ZZ

fakeroot make-kpkg --revision=5:hostname.2.2.0 kernel_image will do.
the important part is the 5: though, after that you do whatever you
like.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/