Re: How to contact administrator?

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 09:57:57PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Ethan Benson writes:
> > i would also say that the admins are probably well aware of what they are
> > doing and the security issues involved (unless they are REALLY dumb) they
> > probably just don't care, or have thier hands tied by moron managers who
> > demand total unsecurity.
>
> More likely it's Win95 users.  How do you suggest they go about
> "supporting" Windows users who want to create "sites" with Wysiwyggle
> Home Web Page Builder Plus while providing better security?

have a seperate box for those lusers: crackedrootedandunsecure.isp.net

normal right minded users who don't like there accounts being fscked
with can use the real secure server, which like all other of the isp
systems, thoroughly distrusts `crackedrootedandunsecure'

/me only slightly kidding.

/me wishes there were more geek oriented ISPs who would eschew
horrible unsecure `services' (M$ UnsecurePage) and discusting
kludges like pppoe and forced dhcp with its usual obnoxious hostnames
such as fdkjalvaa124-134-22-4-garbage.isp.net....

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/