Re: Good SCSI card for Linux

nate@firetrail.com wrote:

jlisi >Incedentaly, where could I find a list of "OK" SCSI drives (from the jlisi >point of view of ext3fs)

i dont buy drives base don what filesystem they use ..depends on your

Sorry I wasn't clear about what I meant.
Ext3 uses a special comand that tells the SCSI drive to make sure
evrything in the drive's cache before this cmd gets writen before
anything afer the cmd. This enables the ext3 to stream writes without having to
flush the drive buffer.  Gives a nice performance boost!

Jim