How to contact administrator?

I'm trying to contact the sys-admin for my ISP because I don't like the
security they use for uploading personal web pages.  (They use plain text ftp,
which is bad enough, but no, they have to do one better, they don't allow you
to even change your username/password so anyone on the network can sniff it and
have complete access to your account!)  Anyway, I know they run some type of
unix and I need to know how to finger or whatever to find out who is running
the system.  I hoping that they aren't aware of this and that if I point it out
a solution will soon follow.

Any suggestions, man ?, url source?.

Jesse

 --