Re: How to contact administrator?

what does the ftp prompt say when you connect? sometimes that can give it
away .. if your concerned about security then change isps. don't expect
many isps to support secure file transfers though its not very common for
end users to know how to do it so most don't support it.(I run an isp and
i WISH i could close off ftp). keep in mind other plaintext protocols such
as POP3 and IMAP4 if your using email with either of these your password
is just as easily sniffed as it is using ftp.(I offer IMAP4 over SSL to
customers but i dont think anyone uses it except me)

if security is *that* important i suggest you change isps, or better yet
co-locate a machine somewhere ..or get a good dsl line, or if you cant get
dsl move to where you can :)

before i get on an isp i always drill their support and administrative
staff on technical issues before i even consider using them. ones that
don't measure up don't get my business and yes i will pay 2-3x+ more for a
isp that is good then dirt cheap or free for one that is bad (should note
that i used to work for freeinternet.com ...*cough* )

nate