Re: Fetchmail, Procmail and multiple Email accounts

Glyn Millington wrote:

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:06:13PM -0500, thus spake Jim Lisi:

Note: Please CC me, I am having problems with the email addrs subsribed
to the list

I am trying to setup fetchmail and procmail so that I can get mail from
two email accounts
and diliver that to my debian box into to subfolders under ~/Mail.

exp.
fetchmail user@abc.tld -> user@local via exim
fetchmail user@xyz.tld -> user@local via exim

Here's my .fetchmailrc (suitably doctored) for collecting from two ISP's
set postmaster "glyn"
set nobouncemail
set properties ""
# next line when uncommented sends output to maillog -
#  set syslog

 poll mail.uklinux.net with proto POP3
user "aaardvark" there with password "xxxxxxxx" is aaardvark here options stripcr warnings 3600

 poll pop.freeserve.net with proto POP3
 user  "glyn@mill29.fsnet.co.uk" there with password "xxxxxxxxxxx" is glyn here options stripcr warnings 3600

procmail for user@local
send mail for user@abc.tld to ~/Mail/abc/inbox
send mail for user@xyz.tld to ~/Mail/xyz/inbox

In your .procmailrc file insert the recipes

:0: * ^TOuser@abc.tld /home/Mail/abc/inbox and :0: * ^TOuser@xyz.tld /home/Mail/xyz/inbox

That should do the trick.

HTH,

Glyn M

Thanks. that seams to do the trick. Just had to modify it since I only have one userid (by choice) Only problem is with crossposted emails, they all end up in my first mailbox...
Is there a way to make fetchmail add headers? (e.g. X-Source: abc.tld)

Thanks,
Jim

PS. sorry about the return addrs, my exim addrs masq filter seams to be on the blink.