Re: Fetchmail, Procmail and multiple Email accounts

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:06:13PM -0500, thus spake Jim Lisi:
> Note: Please CC me, I am having problems with the email addrs subsribed
> to the list
>
> I am trying to setup fetchmail and procmail so that I can get mail from
> two email accounts
> and diliver that to my debian box into to subfolders under ~/Mail.
>
> exp.
> fetchmail user@abc.tld -> user@local via exim
> fetchmail user@xyz.tld -> user@local via exim

Here's my .fetchmailrc (suitably doctored) for collecting from two ISP's

set postmaster "glyn"
set nobouncemail
set properties ""
# next line when uncommented sends output to maillog -
#  set syslog

 poll mail.uklinux.net with proto POP3
 user "aaardvark" there with password "xxxxxxxx" is aaardvark  here  options
 stripcr warnings 3600

 poll pop.freeserve.net with proto POP3
 user  "glyn@mill29.fsnet.co.uk" there with password "xxxxxxxxxxx" is glyn here options stripcr warnings 3600

> procmail for user@local
> send mail for user@abc.tld to ~/Mail/abc/inbox
> send mail for user@xyz.tld to ~/Mail/xyz/inbox

In your .procmailrc file insert the recipes

:0:
* ^TOuser@abc.tld
/home/Mail/abc/inbox
and

:0:
* ^TOuser@xyz.tld
/home/Mail/xyz/inbox

That should do the trick.

HTH,

Glyn M

                   * None can love freedom heartily but good men; *
                   *    the rest love not freedom but license     *
                   *                John Milton                   *