Re: Fetchmail, Procmail and multiple Email accounts

In a galaxy not too far away, Jim Lisi spoke on Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 12:53:52PM -0500:
> Glyn Millington wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:06:13PM -0500, thus spake Jim Lisi:
> >
> >> Note: Please CC me, I am having problems with the email addrs subsribed
> >> to the list
> >>
> >> I am trying to setup fetchmail and procmail so that I can get mail from
> >> two email accounts
> >> and diliver that to my debian box into to subfolders under ~/Mail.
> >>
> >> exp.
> >> fetchmail user@abc.tld -> user@local via exim
> >> fetchmail user@xyz.tld -> user@local via exim
> >
> > Here's my .fetchmailrc (suitably doctored) for collecting from two ISP's
> >

> > set postmaster "glyn"
> > set nobouncemail
> > set properties ""
> > # next line when uncommented sends output to maillog -
> > #  set syslog
> >
> >  poll mail.uklinux.net with proto POP3
> >  user "aaardvark" there with password "xxxxxxxx" is aaardvark  here  options
> >  stripcr warnings 3600
> >
> >  poll pop.freeserve.net with proto POP3
> >  user  "glyn@mill29.fsnet.co.uk" there with password "xxxxxxxxxxx" is glyn here options stripcr warnings 3600
> >

> >> procmail for user@local
> >> send mail for user@abc.tld to ~/Mail/abc/inbox
> >> send mail for user@xyz.tld to ~/Mail/xyz/inbox
> >
> > In your .procmailrc file insert the recipes
> >

> > :0:
> > * ^TOuser@abc.tld
> > /home/Mail/abc/inbox
> > and
> >
> > :0:
> > * ^TOuser@xyz.tld
> > /home/Mail/xyz/inbox
> >

> > That should do the trick.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Glyn M
> >

> Thanks. that seams to do the trick.  Just had to modify it since I only
> have one userid (by choice)
> Only problem is with crossposted emails, they all end up in my first
> mailbox...
> Is there a way to make fetchmail add headers? (e.g. X-Source: abc.tld)

you could use formail in your procmail recipes to do that... i guess

:0 fhw
* ^TOuser@abc.tld
| formail -a "X-Source: abc.tld"

should do what you want, yet i have not tested it.

hope that helps,
/stefan.