Re: DRI diff in phase2v30 and offical?

Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>  yes, I am in similar situation, the DRI does not work (X 4.0.1, voodoo
>3), the rest seems to work OK (I didn't do much testing).
>
>  what's the reason? is it just a minor thing that's going to be fixed
>soon or is it missing or?
>
>  card is recognized:
>
>(II) TDFX: Driver for 3dfx Banshee/Voodoo3 chipsets: 3dfx Banshee,
>        3dfx Voodoo3, 3dfx Voodoo5
>
>  however:
>
>(EE) TDFX(0): DRI requires Voodoo3 or later, disabling DRI.

You aren't running in 24-bit colour depth, are you? I had the same
problem until I noticed in http://dri.sourceforge.net/DRIuserguide.html
that 3D acceleration for the Voodoo3 is only supported in 16-bit mode.

Anybody know how to convince GL to use full-screen mode, though? The old
'export MESA_GLX_FX=fullscreen' doesn't work any more; maybe I just need
to recompile things against the new libGL ...