Re: xdm takes so long to start [was Re: New X Server crashes]

Shao Zhang <shao@cia.com.au> writes:

I'm not sure if it will help you, but check your /etc/X11/Xresources/*
files, and your ~/.Xresources. If you have something very long like a
complete netscape language localization in it, xrdb -merge can take a
very long time, esp. on slow machines.

-- Andre