Re: How to set the Perl include path?

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 06:44:33PM +0200, Bernd Worsch wrote:

> Question A: Where are those paths defined?
>             ($PERLLIB and $PERL5LIB are not set!)

    In the source code, at compile time.

    Check out the "use lib" pragma. You can prefix the @INC list.

> Question B: May i run into problems when actually using the newer locals?
>             Would it be safe to set:
>             @INC = /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux
>             /usr/local/lib/site_perl
>             /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux
>             /usr/lib/perl5/5.005
>             /usr/lib/perl5
>             .

    I wouldn't set the entire thing manually no. Use the lib pragma.

> Question C: Could anybody tell me, why the Perl-Module-Tree seems to
>             be such a mess?
> 	    Where can i find out about it's inherent logic?

    Ask that question on comp.lang.perl.misc. I'm sure you'll get an earfull.
;-)

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX