Re: LI at boot after making \boot reiserfs

    Ethan> LILO is not compatible with reiserfs, either make /boot
    Ethan> ext2 again or use GNU grub instead.

I assume grub is compatible with reiserfs?

I am a bit confused - why is lilo incompatible with reiserfs? I thought
all lilo did was mark a list of blocks where the kernel resides,
and that this should work regardless of file system...

...assuming you remembered to reinstall lilo after making modifications,
of course.

As for the original problem, the original poster will have to compile
a kernel for a boot disk. To do this, copy the kernel to a disk (use
the dd command), and change the boot device using rdev (procedure not
tested).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>