LI at boot after making \boot reiserfs

I seem to have messed up now.
I just made all my partitions except for / reiserfs (this includes
/boot). Now when I try to boot the computer Lilo doesn't get past LI and
just sits there. Of course I do not have a rescue disk that will allow
me to mount a reiser partition, so I'm stuck.
I assume that I would have to rerun lilo to get out of this, however
since lilo can't read /boot/boot.d it cannot update.
Also of importance was thæt I forgot to add the notail option for /boot
in fstab, however I did change this after I rebooted with standard
rescue disk.
What could I do to rectify this situation and what actually caused it?

My setup:
Dual pentium 733 system
256 MB pc133 ram
Debian potato