Re: Mutt: save without prompting --- how? Multi-message save?

Mark Phillips wrote:
> I use mutt to read my mail and I have a folder with debian-user in it.
> When I come to messages of interest to me, I want to be able to easily
> save them to another folder.  I've got it set up so it saves to the
> right place, but currently in order to save I need to press "s" and
> then hit return to accept the save location.  It would be nice to have
> a key which saves straight to the default location without prompting.
> This would make saving easier.

Section 3.6 of the mutt manual cover keyboard macros.  I've never used this
capability, but from a quick look it seems fairly straightforward.

> Alternatively, it would be nice to select a whole group of messages and
> then save them all at once.

Tag messages hitting 't' - either in index view or while reading the
message.  Then, hit ';' while in index view and the "command" line at the
bottom of the mutt window should show "tag-".  This is basically a prefix
for whatever command key you hit next.  All tagged messages will be
affected.  You can even tag by pattern matching.  But for that I'll refer
you to the mutt docs - I'm not familiar enough with it to try and explain
it.  To save all the tagged messages somewhere, while the bottom line of the
mutt window is showing "tag-", hit 's' and it will say "Save tagged to
mailbox:".
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.