Re: cron, syslogd, klogd died

    CF> I have this problem periodically on a P133 with a slightly
    CF> screwey scsi root disk.  It will mount / read-only, then many
    CF> processes die due to being unable to write to disk.

Hmm....this _is_ a scsi drive, but it has not shown any signs of
screwiness [knock on wood]. Would '$ mount' show / as mounted
read-only?

    CF> The sign is that / is mounted read-only, and that syslogd
    CF> (which is still running) says scarf kernel: Last message
    CF> repeated 120000(ish) times every 62ish seconds.

The syslogd log shows nothing like that: at a certain point it just
stops, of course on the same date that the locatedb was last updated,
and then it resumes the day I rebooted. Where, or should I ask how,
would one see the 'last message reapeated 4eva' messages?

--
Bob Bernstein
at