Re: pop-authenticate before SMTP?

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 02:19:24PM +0200, thus spake Moritz Schulte:
> Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > My ISP is going down the toilet (again) and can't/won't manage a
> > SMTP server.  I'm forced to look at another option... [...]  Right
> > now I'm using Potato's exim.
>
> Then, why don't your let your local MTA deliver the mails directly,
> without a smarthost?
>
> 	moritz
> --
> /* Moritz Schulte <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>
>  * http://hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de/~moritz/
>  * PGP-Key available, encrypted Mail is welcome.
>  */

Moritz, If you can give me/us all the rundown on how to acheive this, or
point to some good docs that would be great.  Tried ages ago on mandrake but
ran foul of the DUL list

TIA

Glyn M

                   * None can love freedom heartily but good men; *
                   *    the rest love not freedom but license     *
                   *                John Milton                   *