Re: Dual O/S

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:44:46 -0500, Cavaiani, Don said:

>  When I split up my hard drive between WIN98 and Debian, I made the Debian
>  partitions too small.  Is there any way to go back in there now and "steal"
>  back some of the empty space that WIN98 now owns  - without re-loading
>  anything

	 You should be able to resize your Win partition with GNU
parted. To shrink the Win partition you must first defrag it and
move any hidden files that may be near the end of the partition.
	I used a free trial copy of Diskeeper from execsoft to do this
because i could'nt get 'fips' to do it. That seems to be the sticky
part.
	Once you can shrink Win then the Linux partions can be
added with 'parted'.

--
gEEk||dOOd^Deb+ian&&XFce$everything goes<Pronto>(-_-)