pop-authenticate before SMTP?

My ISP is going down the toilet (again) and can't/won't manage a SMTP
server.  I'm forced to look at another option... Yahoo has a SMTP
server I can use, since I do have an account with them, but I have to
pop-authenticate before I can use it.

Does anyone know the best MTA to use that allows this?  I've tried
running fetchpop just before manually flushing the queue but it
doesn't seem to like it...  Right now I'm using Potato's exim.

Thanks.