Re: Introduction.

	Subject: Introduction.
	Date: Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 08:02:41PM -0400

Quoting Rick Hayner(rhayner@complink.net):

> Hello to all here.
>
> I am a very new debian user, and I have some questions, as well as I
> want to introduce myself.
>
> My name is Rick Hayner, and I am 52 years of age, totally blind since
> birth, and also have mild Cerebral Palsy.

Rick

  I recorded 4 .wav files to handle this.  In /etc/ppp/ip-up.d
I 'play' the 'ppp is up' wave file. In ip-down.d the 'ppp is down'
wave file.  In my /etc/crontab I check the link every 5 minutes and
either play a 'ppp is up' or 'ppp is down' wave file.

  This has help my wife when she dials out via her newtworked windows
box through the Linux firewall.

HTH=Hope This Helps, YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary, HAND=Have A Nice Day

73

 Wayne  WA1BBB
 N 42 35.776
 W 74 41.201

--
Computer programmers don't byte, they nibble a bit.