Re: sources.list, installing via nfs.

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 12:36:00PM +0200, hypo crite wrote:
> Hi all, hi will!

hiya.

> Thanks for crafting that apt-get-intro! It´s helpfull, but I
> still have probs with my sources.list. Even after reading the
> man page(s)and the files in /usr/doc/apt/examples.

i kinda enjoyed crafting it. sometimes it helps clarify the
flotsam rattling around the cranium when you put it into words.

i can't believe that nobody saw the flaw, tho...

> When I choose the nfs-mounted directory, then apt-setup can´t
> find a lot of things. Of course it can´t, because I dont´t now
> how to arrange the data proper. Is there any documentation
> concerning that? Or any hints?
>
> Furthermore I tried to access a debian-ftp-mirror. I failed,
> cause I´m behind a proxy. I didn´t really understood the part
> with the ftp-proxy in the examples-section. Where do I
> configure the proxy-port?

for the directory structure, have a look at one of the FTP sites
that mirror a debian distribution. there's a list at
http://www.debian.org/misc/README.mirrors to get you started.

scrounge around there to find a few common denominators between
different mirrors, and emulate that.

(this is what i'd do until i find that there is a document out
there that points the way. which will probably be about seven
minutes after i send this missive.)

for example: my cursory investigation shows --
	dists/
	+	potato/
		+	Contents-*.gz
		+	contrib/
			+	binary-*/
			+	source/
		+	main/
			+	binary-*/
			+	source/
		+	non-free/
			+	binary-*/
			+	source/
	+	stable@ <symlink to potato>
	+	unstable@ <symlink to woody>
	+	woody/
		+	Contents-*.gz
		+	contrib/
			+	binary-*/
			+	source/
		+	main/
			+	binary-*/
			+	source/
		+	non-free/
			+	binary-*/
			+	source/

as far as massaging your /var/cache/apt/* stuff, that's
probably what apt-move is for, but i've not investigated
that just yet.

> hypocrite.

most of your clan don't advertise. (my sister-in-law
sure doesn't!)

:)

--
self-reference, n: see self-reference.