Re: LyX on woody crashes X server

Jeronimo Pellegrini <pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br> writes:

> :: Joachim Trinkwitz writes:
> > Hi,
> > has anyone else tried LyX with a recent woody? It crashes X and puts
> > me back to the login screen when loading fonts in the server,
> > f.ex. when I open the user manual from the Help menu.
> > Any thoughts?
>
> I opened LyX and the Manual from the Help menu here... And it worked
> perfectly. (I'm also running woody)
> Maybe there's something wrong with your configuration?
> Did you get any message from the X server? Start it with
> "startx &> X.out", and check X.out after that...

No relevant messages from X, and no problems with other X programs
either (XEmacs, netscape, WordPerfect, StarOffice etc.) ... Which X
server are you running (SVGA here)?

> Is there a core file in the directory from which you called X?

No core dumps here ... Basically, LyX is working, I can write some
text, LaTeX it and look at the dvi file, even print it out, but as
soon as many fonts are loaded in the X server, the whole X
session is aborted.

Greetings,
joachim