Re: LyX on woody crashes X server

:: Joachim Trinkwitz writes:

> Hi,
> has anyone else tried LyX with a recent woody? It crashes X and puts
> me back to the login screen when loading fonts in the server,
> f.ex. when I open the user manual from the Help menu.

> Any thoughts?

I opened LyX and the Manual from the Help menu here... And it worked
perfectly. (I'm also running woody)

Maybe there's something wrong with your configuration?

Did you get any message from the X server? Start it with
"startx &> X.out", and check X.out after that...

Is there a core file in the directory from which you called X?

This is all I can suggest... Maybe someone else comes with something
better..

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil