Multiple binary packages

I have debianised a few packages over the last few months using the
excellent New Maintaingers Guide. However, now I would like to produce two
packages from a single source tree. I have looked at some debianised
source that does this, and the Packaging Manual, but I have not found the
info I need.

I am not doing what most of these packages do--splitting the program and
docs. I want to package two diferent builds of the same program (configure
run twice with different options).

Could anyone recommend a suitable pacakge as an example for doing this or
give some pointers to the relevent docs? (I am really confused as to what
to put in debian/rules for this).

Many thanks,
Roger Leigh

--