Re: Nvidia, XF86 4.0.1, Cluebies unite!

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 03:05:45PM -0400, Shawn FitzGerald wrote:
[snip]
> I then added the Driver "nvidia" line to my Device section in
> /etc/X11/XF86Setup and ran startx. Big Hard Flaming Crash. Many
> multi-colored squares on the screen. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace did nothing.
> Ctrl-Alt-F1-8 did nothing. Ctrl-Alt-Delete would not shut down. Powered
> down.
This happens if the kernel module NVdriver is not loaded. Make sure you have the line "alias char-major-195 NVdriver" in your /etc/modules.conf and that the module is actually loaded, either manually (/sbin/modprobe NVdriver) or automatically (kmod). You can check whether or not the module is loaded with the command /sbin/lsmod. Hope this helps!

--
Cody "BoXeR" Brownstein
Email: boxer@boxware.cx