Re: Debian box sick... "hda lost interrupt" "Unknown vector 67"

At 12:06 PM 16/10/00 -0200, Christoph Simon wrote:
>No, no ideas. But I'm suffering from very similar problems. It's a
>network with 19 new computers, which tend to break down as often as
>once a day. All of them have Asus motherboards, some have Pentium III
>others have AMD K6 3D. Also, there are some Windows and some iMacs,
>which appearently do not suffer from these things. The Linux machines
>(14) have the updated stable tree with kernel 2.2.17. Currently my
>suspect is for very bad voltage which is not fixed using stabilizers
>or UPS. Or it might be due to bad hardware, but there where two
>different companies selling these computers. The network is in a
>Shopping Center. They say that electricity is good, the problem is in
>the computers. The computer sellers say that it's Linux.

What sort of hardware do you have?

Check for overclocked CPUs/bus.
Linux is more sensitive to dud RAM than Windows (Windows will corrupt your
data silently and Linux will die a horible death).
I have also seen cheapo NE2000 compatible ether cards give this sort of
problem.

Is there any error messages in the logs or on the console at the time the
machine dies?

Robin