Re: Password Change Machine

> > Set root's shell to whichever you prefer, and set
> > the regular user's shell to /usr/bin/passwd.
>
> Yeah...I thought of this at first, but I need a solution that doesn't
> mess with the passwd file at all, as the passwd file is distributed to
> other machines on a regular basis, and the users actually need access to
> their shell there. :)

I assume you'll have a cronjob of some sort running
on the "client" machines which snags the password
file off the "server" machine?  No big deal, after
it copies the password file, run a script on it to
change their shells back to whatever you want.
Nothing sed, awk, or perl couldn't handle.

-jg

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis     <jlgaddis@blueriver.net>