Re: Debian box sick... "hda lost interrupt" "Unknown vector 67"

> I have a 486DX4/100 (Overdrive) with 32MB of RAM that I run Debian on..
>
> Up until yesterday it was running like a dream.. Now it does stuff like
> "Unknown vector 67 in CPU#0" and after that and something about idling says
> "hda interrupt lost" over and over and over again.

[...]

> Any ideas?

No, no ideas. But I'm suffering from very similar problems. It's a
network with 19 new computers, which tend to break down as often as
once a day. All of them have Asus motherboards, some have Pentium III
others have AMD K6 3D. Also, there are some Windows and some iMacs,
which appearently do not suffer from these things. The Linux machines
(14) have the updated stable tree with kernel 2.2.17. Currently my
suspect is for very bad voltage which is not fixed using stabilizers
or UPS. Or it might be due to bad hardware, but there where two
different companies selling these computers. The network is in a
Shopping Center. They say that electricity is good, the problem is in
the computers. The computer sellers say that it's Linux.

Joining the question:

Any ideas?

Christoph Simon
ciccio@prestonet.com.br