RE: Dual NIC Problem

Sorry I have taken so long as well.  I got pulled onto another project.

Yes, I have both configurations in /etc/network/interfaces.  The only
difference is that eth1 is on a different segment so the only number that is
similar between the two NIC is the subnet mask.  This is what I have (number
are fictisous):

iface eth0 inet static
        address 172.30.14.171
        network 172.30.14.0
        netmask 255.255.254.0
        broadcast 172.30.15.255
        gateway 172.30.14.2

iface eth1 inet static
        address 172.30.12.219
        network 172.30.12.0
        netmask 255.255.254.0
        broadcast 172.30.13.255
        gateway 172.30.12.2

Now, I am using 3Com 3C905B NICs.  I think I am going to swap them out for
some Intel Pro/100s and see what happens.

Thanks,

Brian