Re: machine hangs, etc. (fwd)

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 07:21:22PM -0700, Krzys Majewski wrote:

> Yeah, I took out the CPU last night, removed the custom cooler
> I put on last week, and put the stock cooler back, smearing some
> standard white heatsink compound on the contact area.
> The BIOS says ~35 C, which sounds OK to me.

Never trust faulty BIOSes ;)
A friend of mine had to disable Hardware-Monitoring in his BIOS
because it was assuming wrong things and wanted to shutdown the
System!
Did you touch the CPU and check if your fingers start to become a
little bit red, later black?
More important: What kind of CPU and what kind of board are we talking
about? Do you have the correct Core-Voltage enabled?
Phil