Re: Win 95 like GUI

Jatin Golani wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i'm using Debian 2.2.....havent been able to get a GUI
> that I like...also not sure about the fonts,etc....so
> i need to test it with a GUI that I'm familiar
> with....the Win 95 GUI.....I have once seen a linux
> box which had a GUI exactly like Win 95.......i mean
> like exactly like it

Surely not exactly like it?????

I don't think that's possible, because to the best of my knowledge no *nix /open
source programer has managed to *exactly* duplicate the "this program has performed
an illegal operation" feature of the Microgarbage desktop. ;-)

However if you can live without that feature, you can make several of them look
similar to Win95. Try fvwm95 and forget GNOME and KDE. You can still run most if not
all of the GNOME applications without the environment - KDE applications will
probably run also,  but since I don't use them I can't say for certain.

John