Re: which software for professional Mailling? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 06:13:26PM +0200, Matthias Mann (Matman@gmx.li) wrote:
> [...]

For starters, a web presence, and a few happy customers can do wonders.
If you've followed the business press over the past year, you may find
that a large marketing budget and professional staff don't promise
success and riches in online marketing either.

There's a concept called "viral marketing" which you may want to look
at.  It was most classically practiced by Hotmail, an on-line free email
service (ironically enough, based on advertising to members and their
email recipients).  Basically, each email had at the bottom a line
saying "Get your free web-based email through Hotmail:
http://www.hotmail.com/.";  In the first *days* of operation, without any
advertising, the site picked up thousands of users.  It was later bought
by Microsoft for several hundred million dollars.  Go figure.

Other acts -- I include my company's name and website in my sig line --
which appears in a number of email lists, newsgroups, and web discussion
boards.  I have tracked a significant amount of traffic from sites I've
posted my sig to.

Look also at Debian.  It's a non-business business, but one of the most
successful GNU/Linux distributions based on no marketing, no budget, and
a minimum of formal organization.  Kuro5hin is another example -- it's a
discussion weblog that's been active for ten months and now has 8,000
registered users and about 60,000 hits daily.  No marketing budget, just
word-of-mouth and a good product.

There's a saying:  you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.  Make
people *want* your product, not hate you.

I'd be interested in hearing more about your product and what you are
planning to sell, I might even be able to help you through OpenSales,
our products, and expertise.