Re: update-inetd problem

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 11:32:20AM -0700, Dwight Johnson wrote:

> > #telnet         stream  tcp     nowait  telnetd.telnetd /usr/sbin/tcpd
> > /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
>
> What package is in.telnetd in? It's not in the telnet package -- I have
> that one.

[msoulier@lupus msoulier]$ dpkg -S /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
telnetd: /usr/sbin/in.telnetd

    Apparently telnetd.

> That worked a treat as the Aussies say. :-)
>
> The install did not make an entry in my inetd.conf file. May I see yours?

    inet.d doesn't manage sshd. Just cd to /etc/init.d and start it manually
if it's not started already.

    ie.
    cd /etc/init.d
    ./ssh start

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX