Re: Nither telnet nor ftp are found on my menu?

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 11:12:46AM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 04:36:21PM +0200, Shaul Karl wrote:
>
> > I haven't clarified myself properly: I was not reffering to the
> > executables. I was reffering to the menu entries, the ones that you
> > get when you use your left mouse button in the root of the X windows
> > system.  Assuming that is installed on your system, do you have
> > entries for ftp and telnet? Do you see the corresponding files in
> > /usr/lib/menu? Which packages installed them?
>
>     You make it sound like there's only one window manager. This isn't
>     winblows. The answer to that is entirely dependent on the window
>     manager and/or desktop system you're using.  I'll stick to the
>     command-line. It's faster for me.

Well, if Shaul wants to add menu entries....

$ su -
Password:
$ cd /etc/menu
$ editor ftp
?package(ftp):\
	needs=text\
	section="Apps/Net"\
	title="ftp"\
	command="/usr/bin/ftp"
$ editor telnet
?package(telnet-ssl):\
	needs=text\
	section="Apps/Net"\
	title="telnet-ssl"\
	command="/usr/bin/telnet"
$ update-menus
$ exit

See the README in /etc/menu.  Use "<name>.local" for package names that
are locally installed and not in dpkg's database (otherwise it tries to
verify the package is installed before adding the menu entry).  Debian's
menu system should work for just about any window-manager that has a
concept of menus.  If it doesn't, that window-manager package is broken!

--
/bin/sh ~/.signature:
Command not found