Re: Nither telnet nor ftp are found on my menu?

Shaul> I haven't clarified myself properly: I was not reffering to the
Shaul> executables. I was reffering to the menu entries, the ones that
Shaul> you get when you use your left mouse button in the root of the
Shaul> X windows system.  Assuming that is installed on your system,
Shaul> do you have entries for ftp and telnet? Do you see the
Shaul> corresponding files in /usr/lib/menu? Which packages installed
Shaul> them?

        /usr/lib/menu/default/netstd:

?package(netstd):needs="text" section="Apps/Net" title="Telnet" \
    command="/usr/bin/telnet"

?package(netstd):needs="dwww" section="Apps/Net" title="Telnet" \
  command="/usr/man/man1/telnet.1.gz" dwwwtype=man\
  longtitle="telnet - user interface to the TELNET protocol"\
  description="The telnet command is used to communicate with another\
 host using the TELNET protocol.  If telnet is invoked without the host\
 argument (as is done when executed from the menu), it enters command mode,\
 indicated by its prompt (telnet>). In this mode, it accepts and executes\
 the commands listed in this manual page.  If it is invoked with\
 arguments, it performs an open command with those arguments."

?package(netstd):needs="text" section="Apps/Net" title="ftp" command="/usr/bin/ftp"

--
  Sergey Suleimanov