Re: debian -newcomerII

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 01:44:36PM +0200, thus spake guran remberg:

> That is just now my primary problem: How the hell do I stop it from
> making a graphic install. When I bail out from Xwindow, I am thrown
> right into, what I think is xdm. I have tried to elliminate that from
> rc3.d, but is totally stuck.
>
> Please excuse my spelling, that is blanked from my static!? netscape.
>
> regards
> guran

Have a look in /etc/rc2.d - that would usually be the startup file if it
hasn't been changed.  There should be a link called

@s99xdm

Move it to somwhere safe or kill it.  That should do the trick

HTH

Glyn

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. "  *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *