Re: neighbour table overflow

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Marek Habersack wrote:

> ** On Oct 06, Robert Lazzurs scribbled:
> > On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Marek Habersack wrote:
> >
> > > ** On Oct 05, Robert Lazzurs scribbled:

> > > What Debian distro are you using?
> > >
> > > marek
> >
> > Potato, thanks again - Rab
> OK. there are two ways of doing it:
>
> 1. Check out whether you have the /etc/networ/interfaces file. If it's
>    there, just add the following line at the top of it:
>
>    iface lo inet loopback
>
>    After doing so, execute the following command line as root:
>
>    ifup -a
>
> 2. If #1 isn't working for you for some reason, you can use the older
>    approach:
>
>    Check whether you have the /etc/init.d/network script. If it's there
>    try putting the following lines at the top (below the shebang):
>
>    ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
>    route add -net 127.0.0.0
>
>    From now on on every startup the lo interface should be configured and
>    running. You can type those commands without restarting the machine, of
>    course.
>

> hope that helps
>
> marek

(sorry for the late reply)

Yea, it did, everything is working fine now, thanks very much, you are
proof that the community does work when someone like me needs help.

Thanks again, take care - Rab

--
Robert Lazzurs			|  "You can't stop me you know who I am
The Lazzurs Administration	|  This justifies now just what I am