Re: URGENT! Sendmail question (Redhat conversion) HELP!

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 08:05:46AM -0400, Ferrell, Tim wrote:
> The config file builds ok (after squawking about empty dbs - access,
> relay_domains, and local_host_names) and sendmail runs. I receive mail but
> cannot send/relay - I get smtp Connection Refused errors in the mail.log.
> Also, under RedHat, the relay= section in the mail.log entries always showed
> the ip address of the host being relayed to (192.168.0.6) whereas now it
> shows mcgeecorp.com - why is this?

Perhaps this solves the problem:

Add the next line to your sendmail.mc.

FEATURE(access_db, `hash -o /etc/mail/access.db')

and create a file /etc/mail/access with the ip-addresses that are allowed to
use your mailserver for relaying.

example:

127.0.0.1	RELAY
192.168.	RELAY

and recreate your access db

make hash access.db < access

Rebuild your sendmail.cf and restart sendmail.

Good luck!

--
Staf Wagemakers

email      : staf@digibel.org