URGENT! Sendmail question (Redhat conversion) HELP!

Title: URGENT! Sendmail question (Redhat conversion) HELP!

Let me start by saying I am not a network admin... but I play one on TV :-)

I have recently switch to Debian from RedHat 6.2 and have hit major turbulence porting the sendmail config. The machine in question is our firewall/DNS server and it was set up as the primary MX in DNS and sendmail was configured via the mailertable to relay all mail for our domain to our internal Exchange server. This worked fine under RedHat but I must be crossing wires now or something...

Here is the sendmail.mc I am using - it is basically the same one I used under RedHat:

------ 8< ----------------

divert(-1)
#
# This file is used to configure sendmail for use with Debian systems.
#

divert(0)
OSTYPE(debian)
VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc      8.9.3-21 (Debian) 20000309')
define(`confDEF_USER_ID',``8:12'')
undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')
undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD')
define(`confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST',true)
define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')
FEATURE(`smrsh',`/usr/sbin/smrsh')
FEATURE(`mailertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX')
FEATURE(redirect)
FEATURE(always_add_domain)
FEATURE(use_cw_file)
FEATURE(local_procmail)
MAILER(procmail)
MAILER(smtp)

and in /etc/mail/mailertable I have the following line:

        mcgeecorp.comSMTP:[192.168.0.6]

The config file builds ok (after squawking about empty dbs - access, relay_domains, and local_host_names) and sendmail runs. I receive mail but cannot send/relay - I get smtp Connection Refused errors in the mail.log. Also, under RedHat, the relay= section in the mail.log entries always showed the ip address of the host being relayed to (192.168.0.6) whereas now it shows mcgeecorp.com - why is this?

I have temporarily put the rh box (which may have been hacked !! one reason for switching to debian) back in place until I can resolve this.

Please respond directly as I am not currently subscribed...

Tim
--
Tim Ferrell                                  McGee Corporation
Senior Software Developer                    (704) 882-1500 x374