Re: Simulating a mouse

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Colin Watson wrote:
> My mouse has recently developed an extreme reluctance to move the mouse
> pointer along the up/down axis; I'm assuming some sensor inside is dirty
> or something, but the cleaning I can do doesn't seem to make any
> difference. At some point I'll probably just get a new mouse, but in the
> meantime:

There will be three rollers inside.  Use a fingernail to scrape off any
junk.  It might look like a brown stripe of felt is supposed to be
there.  It isn't -- it's just dirt.  In extremely bad cases it sometimes
helps to clean the mouse ball as well, but that usually affects all
directions of movement.

Damian Menscher
--
--==## Grad. student & Sys. Admin. @ U. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ##==--