Re: Linux newbie: (1) 1FA after boot (2) X configuration

At 12.47 4/10/00 +0300, Shaul Karl ha escrit:
>> Hi
>>  I'm a Linux newbie, and I've jut installed 2.0 on a PC. Everything
>>
>>  went okay, except when I try to boot from the hard disk, it hangs at
>>  '1FA:' prompt, and I can't type anything. Also, if I do a rescue
>> reboot, and try to configure XF86, I can't get any mouse pointer
>> movement, and it fails to launch the server. Any help?
>>

>	1. 1FA after boot.
>I do not remember the exact meaning of this code but I believe it boils down
>to setting and running lilo correctly. You might boot from floppy and send
>your /etc/lilo.conf to the list, or take a look at the lilo docs.
>BTW: You might also want to try loadlin - it will let you boot from HD from
>DOS/Windows.

	If the message appears before 'LILO' message, it's related to MBR program.
Check the docs, I as far as I remember the info is there.

	Hope that's useful, David.

	Hello Shaul! At the end, I used XFree86 3.3.6 and it runs perfectly. Don't
understand or interested in knowing the drivers stuff in NVIDIA page that
wanted XF 4.0. Thank you for your help.

	Best,

	Ignasi