Re: Linux newbie: (1) 1FA after boot (2) X configuration

> Hi
>  I'm a Linux newbie, and I've jut installed 2.0 on a PC. Everything
>
>  went okay, except when I try to boot from the hard disk, it hangs at
>  '1FA:' prompt, and I can't type anything. Also, if I do a rescue
> reboot, and try to configure XF86, I can't get any mouse pointer
> movement, and it fails to launch the server. Any help?

	1. 1FA after boot.
I do not remember the exact meaning of this code but I believe it boils down
to setting and running lilo correctly. You might boot from floppy and send
your /etc/lilo.conf to the list, or take a look at the lilo docs.
BTW: You might also want to try loadlin - it will let you boot from HD from
DOS/Windows.

	2. X configuration
Once again, might be a configuration problem. You might try
	startx 2>&1 > startx.msg
This will let you see the Xserver output when it was started. Here too you
might send the output to the list.